Sunday, March 11, 2012

Conversation


I wrote this song in response to the conflict I experienced between what the Church seemed to say about refusal to conform, following God, openness, etc. and what I took as their rejection of those very things in their unwillingness to accept what I felt (and feel) very strongly was God's calling to me.


A little conversation
Conversation

What do you do with these blank eyes asking questions
Do you answer?
And what do you do with these faces starved for info
Do you spew

And just get blank eyes in return
mouths either shut or speaking concern
to your apparent utter lack of discernment?

Should you start a conversation
Just a little conversation

Now you have talked and the world knows half and half
You're on its side
Good thing it's just half, 'cause the world's both always right
and always wrong

We all face suspicion from both sides
of the equation, it's easy to confuse
The persecuted with the persecutors of good

What I'd do for conversation
Just a little conversation
Should I ask for remission
Or kneel down and grovel, pleading with the world to care?

Or should I ask for conversation
Just a little conversation

What does one do when one's elders question,
Dispute?
What does one do with divine calls ringing,
Dilute?

So's the repute of the bright side
It's on the light side of the loot
But we love it, so we deal with the mental crisis ensued

What I'd do for conversation
Just a little conversation
Should I ask for remission
Or kneel down and grovel, pleading with the world to care?

Should I ask for conversation
Just a little conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment