As I've gone about looking for people to interview for my senior project, an interesting demographic has emerged. The whole time, I was specifically looking for conservatives and women, and even with that focus in my search, I've come out with a bunch of relatively liberal men. It's just strange to me that I would ask so many conservatives - or, comparatively many in comparison with the liberals - and every single slightly more qualified or liberal individual or institution I contacted except one replied. The conservatives... they just don't answer back, and then I forget about them. Sweet. Now I have to start worrying that I might need to be balance out my interview pool, so it doesn't seem biased.
It just perplexes me that everyone that seems to have put substantial thought into this conflict, wrestled with it deeply, and values conversation about the topic also seems to be on the more progressive side...
No comments:
Post a Comment