I mean, if you read my blogs from earlier this year, it's clear that the existence of a (mostly) Christian community that is open and accepting towards LGBT students AND IS FREAKING SPONSORED BY THE COLLEGE is an amazing, amazing thing to me. This post doesn't have much structure or value or point to it, because it's mostly a milestone. I had a lovely conversation with a couple very cool people afterwards, both of which lived on my floor last year, and had the opportunity to talk openly about gender and sexuality and awkward social dynamics and... well, totally unrelated things like politics and theology with them. The amount of good that that kind of community can do in making people feel understood and welcome and included is so huge and so powerful, and with the resources available to the group, who knows what will come of it in the next few years. All I know is that I'm very excited to be part of that group. Let's see how it turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment